One Month and Counting!

July 2014

Well as you can see I haven't posted in awhile. Since I started this blog so far in advance, I was getting people asking me how our trip was, assuming we had already been!  With only a month till we leave, I thought I might  add a post! Getting pretty excited about it..although I have been excited for quite some time now!
 A friend suggested we post some of the costs in Alaska..what we pay for milk etc. as a comparison to the lower 48.  Sounds like a good idea and will be interesting.
   I guess that now is a good time to say that I think we have saved some money by planning ahead. We got our airline tickets last November and were able to find a good flight from Syracuse with only one stop (in Chicago) for  $525 round trip apiece.   We will leave Syracuse at 7AM and arrive in Anchorage at 2PM ( altho with the time change it will feel like 6PM!)  If we were booking a flight now , it would be in the $870-$900 range for a similar flight.
 

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I alway figure the airline prices will only go up across time and buy early. Only once did I end up paying more, so I'm ok in the long run. Really anticipating great news about your trip.

    ReplyDelete